What We Look For|
Amador Publishers specializes in fiction, biography, philosophy and mixed-genre literary works of unique worth and appeal, outside the purview of mainstream publishing. We will consider novels and short story collections, creative non-fiction, essays/opinion, satire, biography/autobiography. Manuscripts must be complete and in the range of 75,000-130,000 words. We have established the imprint, Worldwind Books, as the publishing identity for a broader range of titles and author-funded book projects, including poetry.
What We Offer
Amador Publishers, LLC provides thorough editing and proofreading, attractive cover design, promotional web pages, pre-publication and new release promotions, ongoing marketing support, ISBN and LOC registration, copyright to the author, generous author discounts, ebook editions, and reprint options. We reports sales totals and pay royalties to authors on a quarterly basis.
What You Need To Know
Does the Author Have to Pay? and Other Questions Answered
- We do not offer publishing contracts for books that are not finished.
- We do not consider books that are presently published in any format. If you have self-published, or are not satisfied with your current ebook or print publisher, do not submit the same content to Amador. (Exception: If you have a significant title that has been out of print for some time, and all rights have reverted to you, see the Worldwind Books Prose page to review our pay-to-publish services.)
- Our standard publishing contract gives Amador Publishers, LLC the right of first refusal for all editions of the work. If you are only looking for a print publisher and will be pursuing other options for alternative formats of your book, Amador may not be the right publisher for you.
- Be advised that it can take up to two years from acceptance of your prose manuscript as an Amador title to its print publication. [Poetry collections are published in 8-12 months.]
- Our publishing contract (we call it the Author Agreement) requires the author to certify that they hold all of the rights and permissions to all of the material they plan to publish. Please submit original work. Manuscripts that rely heavily on excerpts and quoted material will not be considered.
- At present, prose authors must purchase the Book Critique and Evaluation Service to be considered for publication. You will receive substantive feedback on both your concept and writing. There is no fee for Worldwind Books Poetry submittals.
- There is no publishing fee for titles that are selected for the Amador list, however, the author is expected to pre-pay for a quantity of books at their reduced author price, the initial order and price to be specified in the Author Agreement (authors may also be asked to pay for shipping). Author may purchase additional copies at the same discounted price at any time.
- Amador does not provide any advance payment to authors. Royalties on all sales receipts from all sources are paid quarterly.
- Should an author whose work is accepted for the Amador list be unable to provide their material in the required format, Amador will offer a proposal for paid services such as scanning, preparation of author-provided art, and indexing. The author is under no obligation to purchase these services from Amador, however, failure to provide materials to specifications can lead to delay or cancelation of a project.
- Why does it take so long? We are a very small press and we strive for the highest quality. While we do release titles as ebooks, we follow a traditional publishing model, in which we start with a print edition, provide advance notice of pending publication to the book industry, and seek early reviews and endorsements with which to begin our marketing and sales effort even before the book is in print. Meanwhile, each book receives multiple rounds of checking and proofing, and a terrific cover design.